Old 15-01-2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Your Favorite Cheese

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:19:45 -0500, Julia Altshuler
wrote:

My mother-in-law stuck with her cheddar. It's been good enough for 86
years; there's no reason to try anything new fangled now. That didn't
surprise me. I was astonished, however, that my sister-in-law went for
the Brie de Mieux. I thought it would have way too much flavor for her.
Later I noticed her going for the blue that a cousin affectionately
called stinky. I wouldn't embarrass her by making a big deal of it, but
I wanted to stare and say "You? Eating good cheese? Cheese that has
taste?"

WoooHooo! That big block of cheddar has it's place in sandwiches,
macaroni & cheese, breakfast omlettes and quesadillas.... but good for
your SIL for venturing into uncharted waters! Maybe she has always
wanted to try new cheeses but needed a "buddy" in order to do it.
It's so much easier to nibble new things when you know you aren't
going to have to deal with leftovers you don't like.

--
See return address to reply by email