Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_3_] sf[_3_] is offline

Default Your Favorite Cheese

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 19:53:20 -0500, Julia Altshuler
> wrote:

>sf wrote:
>
>> I still haven't tried D'Affinois. Haven't seen it.... It's not
>> common. What is it like?

>Almost like a Brie but without the harsh overtones

I guess I've eaten double and triple cream brie for too many years to
relate to the statement. lol

>or like a cream cheese with some flavor.

Hmmm. Coming from you, that's not a compliment.

>I do like it, but it isn't a favorite. I often
>find it lacking in character, insipid if I'm in a bad mood.

Insipid? Whoah, harsh!

>http://www.cheese.com/Description.asp?Name=Pave%20d'Affinois
>http://www.murrayscheese.com/product...oducts_id/1143
>http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl....DTL&type=wine

Thanks for the links.... I understand it better now due to the sfgate
link. I haven't missed anything and it's a pass for me too - unless
it suddenly appears right under my nose

.

--
See return address to reply by email