hahabogus

Default I need Tilia foodsaver lessons

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in
:

> I have a Tilia Foodsaver but so far, I've only used it for cheese (I
> buy big--by Japanese standards--blocks at Costco, cut them up and
> Tilia them). Today I bought a large amount (by Japanese standards) of
> ground beef and some ribs and need to divide them up and freeze them.
> Can I wrap portions in plastic wrap and then Tilia them? Or would
> that defeat the purpose of using a Tilia? It would be easier for me
> to remove the portions if they were wrapped in plastic wrap first than
> if I put the meat directly into the Tilia bags. Any suggestions for
> other ways to do this?
>
> rona

Plastic wrapping is fine...won't hurt a thing. Best to tilia portioned meat
in their own tilia bags.

All the plastic wrap will buy you is protection/padding fron sharp stuff
like bones and fins. And ease in washing out (if re-using) the tilia bag.
If you are making meat patties/balls and then storing ...freezing the
patties on a cookie sheet first would help them retain their shape.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.