Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default Side dish for Prime Rib

One time on Usenet, " said:

> Im making a prime rib and was looking for an interesting vegetable side
> dish to serve with it. any suggestions??

My mother used to serve the following mushroom dish with prime rib,
along with baked potatoes. They'd probably go well with any beef
dish -- I still haven't had a chance to make them myself, but I
remember them as being excellent:

Herb Buttered Mushrooms

1 pound fresh white mushrooms
1/4 C. chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 T. butter
2 T. dry cooking sherry
1 T. snipped fresh basil OR
1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper

Clean mushrooms and cut in half. In large skillet, melt butter
over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic, cook until
mushrooms and onion are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in
sherry and spices, cook additional 2-3 minutes or until heated
through. Wonderful with prime rib roast.

--
Jani in WA