Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] prfesser@hotmail.com is offline

Default Baking Pans

biig wrote:
> I have been asked to make some dessert squares for a funeral lunch at
> our church. I rarely bake and don't have a selection of pans. It calls
> for a 9 inch pan and mine are 7 inch brownie pans. The 9 inch pan has
> 81 sq. inches, and I thought I'd pick a couple of pans that totalled
> that much, but struck out. I have glass casserole dishes and I remember
> that you should reduce the oven temp by 25 degrees if you use glass.
> Any other suggestions from you bakers out there? tia....Sharon

Hello Sharon:

Being stuck out here in Parts Unknown, Kentucky, choices of cookware
are somewhat limited. So I have been pleasantly surprised by the 9"
square "Baker's Secret" pan I bought about six months ago. It was
quite inexpensive (about $6-8 if memory serves), it's fairly heavy, and
it has a nonstick surface that is not teflon but silicone-based. I
always use a bit of cooking spray anyway. It's been used for brownies,
Rice krispies treats, and casseroles of all sorts.

Best -- Terry