Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
pamjd pamjd is offline

Default Unglazed quarry tile for baking stones

hob wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

pamjd wrote:
I line both myoven and outdoor grill with unglazed red ceramic type
floor tiles I get at Home depot for 35 cents each on sale. I think
they are 8" squire. I leave them on the bottom rack of my oven all the
time. They work great.

A few people have said this. I'll add that I tried some red-orange,
unglazed ceramic tiles and they cracked apart in the middle of the
first use. Is there any further distinction I need to get ones that
won't fall apart so readily?

I have only had them crack in the grill when I use very high heat
repeatedly.

I have never had them crack in kitchen oven.