Old 09-01-2007, 01:03 PM posted to rec.food.sourdough
TG[_2_] TG[_2_] is offline

Default sourdough starter too sour ?

[sven] wrote:

I live in Belgium ( that's in Europe ;-) ).

You don't really need to translate your instructions, i'm used to convert
miles to km's, pounds to kg.. f to c and so on.

Still nice of you to think about the rest of the world.

Wholemeal rye is indeed on my "to start " list. But my packet of rye
flour went empty a week ago, and i need to buy another one, wich is not
that simple here.. almost all flour is wheat ..organic ( or "bio" as we
say ) rye is even harder to find. Anyway no real problem.

off to work

Sven

Hi Sven,

I'm in Europe to : -) so it's easier for me to think in g's K's and
C's. I've just become used to typing in Imperial for the groups. When
in Rome and all that. : -)

I am surprised that you don't get rye there in Belgium though. Perhaps
that's just my ignorance. It's quite readily available here now.
There's a few good flour site available now that might ship to you. I
know one does for sure, and they have a great range of European flours.
I can't think of the name right now but if you like when I get home
I'll look it up for you. Try Shipton Mill. They're great. They do a
Swedish dark flour which I love. Unfortunately my partner doesn't so I
don't use very much of it.

http://www.shipton-mill.com/singlePage.php?id=2

Jim