Posted to rec.food.sourdough
[sven] [sven] is offline

Default sourdough starter too sour ?

"TG" > wrote in
oups.com:

> [sven] wrote:
>> the more
>> starters i start, the more chance i have succeeding.
>>
>> NYT no knead bread baked ( normal yeast ), looks very nice, still a
>> little too hot right now, but at least the crust looks and feels like
>> a true French baguette.
>>
>> greetings
>>
>> Sven

> Hi Sven, I just realised you probably aren't in the US so I'll
> translate my other instructions : -)
>
> 15g of starter to 75g of flour and same water. : -)
>
> Anyway, if you really are going to make another starter try using some
> wholemeal rye along with your wheat. This is how I made me best
> starter.
> Where abouts are you by the way?
>
> Jim

hey Jim,

I live in Belgium ( that's in Europe ;-) ).

You don't really need to translate your instructions, i'm used to convert
miles to km's, pounds to kg.. f to c and so on.

Still nice of you to think about the rest of the world.

Wholemeal rye is indeed on my "to start " list. But my packet of rye
flour went empty a week ago, and i need to buy another one, wich is not
that simple here.. almost all flour is wheat ..organic ( or "bio" as we
say ) rye is even harder to find. Anyway no real problem.

off to work

Sven