Posted to rec.food.sourdough
[sven] [sven] is offline

Default sourdough starter too sour ?

"TG" > wrote in news:1168334636.718764.254540@
51g2000cwl.googlegroups.com:

> Hi sven,
>
> give it lots of food, at least one tbs per 1/2 cup of flour in a 12
> hour period for a day or two and see what happens. You can go back to
> feed the way a lot of folks here do if you like after that when you
> know it's going great guns. But this will makes sure your starter isn't
> being under fed. I feed my starter more than this all the time but I
> know my starter well and use it a lot.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Jim

Thank you

Starter will get enough food. Already another starter on the way.. the more
starters i start, the more chance i have succeeding.

NYT no knead bread baked ( normal yeast ), looks very nice, still a little
too hot right now, but at least the crust looks and feels like a true
French baguette.

greetings

Sven