Posted to uk.food+drink.misc,rec.food.cooking
judith lea judith lea is offline

Default How do I cook a goose breast?

Doug Weller wrote:

> I slowcooked it and it came out pink, very nice.
> Doug
> --
> Doug Weller --
> A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com
> Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.co.uk

I was in a restaurant in France and I ordered goose which came out
very, very pink with a healthy halo of blood. I hissed at my husband
that I really couldn't eat it as I was sure I would end up with
mixametosis or even die!! He laughed and told me to look around at the
clientele, all French and obviously all regulars as they were waving
and greeting each other. They must have been in their 80s and older.
My husband said that if they ate this fare and they survived to a great
age, then I should tuck in!

I did, wondering and waiting for the gurgling and explosions to start
in my lower stomach to indicate that I was, as usual, correct about
undercooked pork, chicken, duck and goose - not a sound - no wonder my
family tell me I can't cook.

Judith - at home in England.