Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_1_] is offline

Default Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:06:56 -0800, "King's Crown"
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>>Acorn squash makes absolutely NO sense in beef/barley soup!
>>
>> Jill
>>

>I agree. It was a Martha Stewart recipe. Does that help explain things.

OMG, that entirely explains things - I tried one of her _Entertaining_
recipes way back when (and I mean, when the cookbook first came out
and I was given it as a gift) b/c it looked festive, for a Christmas
party. It was, IIRC, cherry tomatoes, scooped out, with a dollop of
some sort of sour cream mixture inserted, and crowned with red or gold
caviar. By the time I was ready to plate the dish, the caviar color
had run into the sour cream and it looked d-i-s-g-u-s-t-i-n-g! And it
didn't taste like anything. Just blah! Typical MS dish, you ask me. I
even popped for good caviar, b/c not much was needed :-(

Terry Pulliam Burd

--
"Most vigitaryans I iver see looked enough like their food to be
classed as cannybals."

Finley Peter Dunne (1900)