Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Outstanding Beef Barley Soup Recipe

"Goomba38" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Wow! I'm telling you, straight out of Betty Crocker. Sure sounded
>> a lot better than what you were finding, spaghetti sauce, ground beef?
>> Nah.
>>

> I think a classic beef barley soup is what a basic cookbook like Betty
> Crocker excels at.

And I, for one, appreciate that. When I just want a recipe
for (whatever), I look at those types of cookbooks first. Then
I mess with the recipe if I feel like it.

> And I too have never heard of ground beef or "spaghetti sauce" used in
> one.
> Now my father did make a great Patate Zuppe that sometimes used a bit of
> leftover tomato sauce and the meatballs had ground beef....

I have nothing against either ingredient, just they don't say
beef barley soup to me.

nancy