hahabogus

Default Sous vide cooking

Wayne > wrote in
:

> Nancy Young > wrote in news:40DEEFF6.91EB1472
> @monmouth.com:
>
>> serge wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi !
>>> I bought a FoodSaver machine (VAC1050) used generally for vacuum
>>> packaging.
>>> I would like to know if it's possible to do "sous vide cooking" with
>>> the FoodSaver bags.
>>> Thanks for the information !

>> As most of us are not chefs or speak French, perhaps you could
>> explain. I don't feel like looking up the expression, myself.
>>
>> nancy
>>

> Basically, it means cooing food in a vacuum-sealed pouch or bag.
> Quite a few chefs have done this, including things like foie gras,
> vegetables, etc. Supposedly it concentrates flavors and maintains
> vitamin and nutrient content.

Wouldn't the manufacturer of the plastic bags he intends to use be a better
supplier of this info? He must have some contact info that came with the
unit. As the bags would be the big concern here not the vacuum sealer.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.