Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.indian,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
Kent Kent is offline

Default looking for simple indian recipes (vegetarian)

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> On 1 Jan 2007 09:33:21 -0800, wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm looking for some simple indian food recipes. I'm having trouble
>>getting other than ad sites when I search for this with Google.
>>
>>I'm looking for simple (or simpler...)- it's okay if it's not
>>completely authentic or is westernized. If there aren't good resources
>>on the web, can someone recommend a book?
>>

> I recommend Julie Sahni's _Indian Regional Classics: Fast, Fresh, and
> Healthy Home Cooking_. I cook from it frequently.
>
> TammyM

I agree wholeheartedly. I use Julie Sahni's "Classic Indian Cooking" pub.
1980. She has the charisma of Julia Child. She makes it all fun. I just made
her tandoori chicken, and following that Makhani Murghi, or butter chicken,
along with Palak and Matar for the veggies. She's the kind of author you'd
like to hang around the kitchen with. "What do you think about this......?"

She's great.

Kent
Kent