Posted to rec.food.cooking,soc.culture.indian,rec.food.veg,alt.food.vegan
Janet Puistonen Janet Puistonen is offline

Default looking for simple indian recipes (vegetarian)

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some simple indian food recipes. I'm having trouble
> getting other than ad sites when I search for this with Google.
>
> I'm looking for simple (or simpler...)- it's okay if it's not
> completely authentic or is westernized. If there aren't good
> resources on the web, can someone recommend a book?

Generally, Indian food just isn't simple. Nevertheless, I recommend Madhur
Jaffrey's cookbooks, such as "A Taste of India," highly. Not saying it will
be simple, but it will be doable in a Western kitchen, and she provides lots
of delicious vegetable recipes. She also has a vegetarian cookbook, although
I don't have it. (I believe it might be an international cookbook, rather
than an Indian one.) I have a vegetarian Indian cookbook by someone else
(can't recall the name), but it just isn't as good as the Jaffreys.

If you want to make things very simply, try buying some Patak spice pastes.
You can add a little plain yogurt, lemon juice, etc.