Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] jj@unspameljefe.net is offline

Default 2002 Leoville Barton

At Garagiste's 2002 Bdx tasting in July '05, the Leoville Barton was
voted 6th best overall of the 16 wines we tasted. That's not a bad
showing for a vintage that was less than heralded. The overall top
five we

1. Pape Clement
2. Mouton Rothschild
3. Latour
4. Osoyoos-Larose (a ringer from BC)
5. Palmer

My abbreviated notes from that tasting for the Barton say, "very light
nose, no oak, closed, not much flavor, tannic."

My top five we

1. Mouton
2. Lynch Bages
3. Pichon Lalande
4. Pape Clement
5. Cheval Blanc, in a virtual tie with the Osoyoos-Larose

I bought Mouton and Osoyoos-Larose. Osoyoos has held steady around
$30-35 the last couple vintages, but the '03's have gotten too pricey
for me.

JJ

JJ

On 27 Dec 2006 13:39:48 -0800, "