Posted to alt.food.wine
Santiago[_1_] Santiago[_1_] is offline

Default 2002 Leoville Barton

"DaleW" > wrote in news:1167256783.198022.240910@
48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com:

> $54 seems stiff for '02, plenty of places have for $40-45. If you pay
> sales tax on local purchases, shipping would be less than tax for a few
> bottles.

I paid 35 euros for the 2002 when a local retailer offered a promotion, 51
euros for the 2001 and 42 euros for the 2003 at a big spanish chain of
department stores. The 2003 seems to be the best deal of all, though I have
gone through three bottles of the 2001 and it was drinking so well one year
ago.

My very limited experience with Leoville Barton says that it always needs
time. When in great vintages, luscious fruit allows to drink young (in
fact, many spanish wanna-be wines have stronger tannins than Leoville
Barton 2001) even if there is a tannic structure.

S.