Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default 2002 Leoville Barton

I thought the '02 Barton was a nice wine, though a bit stern, I'm
putting mine away for a long sleep. The '03 is a much more fleshy wine,
that got big scores from WA & WS (98 in case of latter, I believe).

Dollar was stronger when '02 campaign started, volume was higher,
critcial buzz was lower.
I paid about $30 on futures for '02, $44 for '03. High scores for '03
drove prices up, now more like $150

$54 seems stiff for '02, plenty of places have for $40-45. If you pay
sales tax on local purchases, shipping would be less than tax for a few
bottles.
'
HTH,Dale