Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] brian.huntley@gmail.com is offline

Default Fudge that won't get hard?!? Help! Please!!

~steve (east tn) wrote:
> Hi All:
> Sorry for such a newbie question, but i was 'helping' my darling wife of
> 35 years make some fudge for the holidays. The fudge tastes great, and
> it is thick, but will not set up hard enough to cut and serve. we would
> like to have some homemade peanut butter fudge for family gatherings for
> the holidays.
>
> What did we do wrong?

I'm not sure what went wrong during production, but there are a few
'saves' that come to mind. Which ones will work depend on the fudge and
just how soft it is.

Scoop fudge with a melon baller, and roll in
a) cocoa
b) sprinkles
c) maple sugar crumbs
d) icing sugar sifted with cornstarch (only if it's quite dry)
e) ground nuts

Then refridgerate until serving if possible. Dip the scoop in hot water
often.

I find fudge "truffles" to be more popular than squares, and at the
same time easier to apportion to a crowd.