Jenn Ridley

Default freezing flour and flour products

"Kim" > wrote:

>Unsatisfied (sorry), I am rephrasing my question and hopefully bettering my
>spelling.
>
>Does it degrade flour or flour products when frozen and thawed?

A couple of people have already posted that they see no difference in
the finished product.

>Does anyone have an explanation for why freezing flour one time and
>subsequently shelving it will cause the flour or flour product to never
>attract bugs?

It doesn't keep it from attracting bugs, but since there are no living
bugs in it, they don't multiply. The proper way to do it, if you live
in an areas where it's a problem is to freeze it when you get it home,
then put it in a bug proof container for shelf storage. If you put it
on the shelf in its paper bag, it probably will attract bugs.

jenn
--
Jenn Ridley