Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.arts.tv,nyc.general
Pithy and Original Pithy and Original is offline

Default E. Coli Outbreaks - DELIBERATE Contamination by Illegal Aliens???

"Pan Ohco" > wrote in message
> On 20 Dec 2006 07:46:23 -0800, "
> > wrote:
>
>>IF the e. coli outbreaks are caused by the pickers in the fields, it is
>>because they are not provided with appropriate sanitary facilities by
>>the growers. They are prevented from taking enough time off to walk
>>all the way to the one or two outhouses at the edge of the field, and
>>so go where they are. Wash your produce and cook it.
>>

> I don't know where you get your information, but in my experience,
> Portapotties are about 200 yards from the pickers, depending on the
> size of the fields.
> Picker are paid by the amount of product picked, not by time.
> So they have all the time in the world to walk to any number of porta
> potties. And in fact, if the work boss saw them defecating in the
> field, he would fire then just because of the e.coli outbreaks, and
> the state inspectors that inspect the work sites.
> How is this all way the case, no, but it is the majority.

In October I took a trip to California and driving through the central
farming area we saw that the porta-potties were verrrrry far away from the
workers. That's when it dawned on me that they probably go right in the
field.