Posted to rec.food.cooking,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.arts.tv,nyc.general
Pan Ohco Pan Ohco is offline

Default E. Coli Outbreaks - DELIBERATE Contamination by Illegal Aliens???

On 20 Dec 2006 07:46:23 -0800, "
> wrote:

>IF the e. coli outbreaks are caused by the pickers in the fields, it is
>because they are not provided with appropriate sanitary facilities by
>the growers. They are prevented from taking enough time off to walk
>all the way to the one or two outhouses at the edge of the field, and
>so go where they are. Wash your produce and cook it.

I don't know where you get your information, but in my experience,
Portapotties are about 200 yards from the pickers, depending on the
size of the fields.
Picker are paid by the amount of product picked, not by time.
So they have all the time in the world to walk to any number of porta
potties. And in fact, if the work boss saw them defecating in the
field, he would fire then just because of the e.coli outbreaks, and
the state inspectors that inspect the work sites.
How is this all way the case, no, but it is the majority.