Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave S Dave S is offline

Default How early can I buy my prime rib?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> My local butcher went out of business. A month later, I found him
> working in the meat department of our biggest grocery chain,
> Wegman's. Fortunately, he hasn't forgotten anything. I can still get
> great advice from him when I have some strange recipe in mind.

Wegmans is a good place, and they do have USDA Prime, in the larger
stores, at top prices. I do find that even in my small, local Wegmans
that the meat department can be helpful.
On the other hand, I think their "normal" meat is overpriced,
and with the vacuum packaging they push, over packaged.

--
Dave S