Posted to alt.food.wine
James Dempster James Dempster is offline

Default Annual "What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?" post

On 19 Dec 2006 06:56:00 -0800, "Chris Sprague" >
wrote:

>Well?

I need to go check the cellar but current plans a

Champagne Cocktails
Veuve Cliquot NV
???
Blaauwklippen 1998 Special Late Harvest Chenin Blanc

The first two are decided upon. My problem with the Chenin Blanc is
that I've only got a 750 and that's probably too much. I might just
nip out and see what pudding wines I can get locally (there's usually
a moderately decent selection).

As for the main course wine, roast duck with an apricot stuffing and
me with a lack of decent burgundy in the house :-(

It might be another last minute hunt.

Of course given the good reports on 2001 claret I might just open some
Grand-Puy-Lacoste and leave the duck to fend for itself.

James
James Dempster

You know you've had a good night
when you wake up