Posted to alt.food.wine
Ed Rasimus Ed Rasimus is offline

Default Annual "What's everybody planning to drink for Christmas dinner?" post

On 19 Dec 2006 06:56:00 -0800, "Chris Sprague" >
wrote:

>Well?
>
>As for me, I can't quite decide. Last year it was a bottle of 2001
>Justin Isosceles, but this year I honestly don't have anything great
>that is ready to drink. Of what I do have, here are the (modest)
>contenders:
>
>2004 Duckhorn Decoy
>2001 Nelson Estate Cabernet Franc
>2002 Los Vascos Colchagua Reserve
>1998 Chateau Meyney
>2000 Chateau Meyney
>2001 Chateau Gloria

SWMBO has set the main course as filet mignon stuffed with shrimp (a
great recipe that is much better than it sounds in that brief phrase).
Not yet sure what the accompaniments will be.

Contenders for the top line on the wine list right now a

1995 Ridge Monte Bello
2004 Williams Selyem Westside Neighbors PN
2003 Justin Isoceles

As an aside, I opened a 2001 Pontet-Canet the night before last and
was surprised at the drinkability. It was reported as a good year when
I bought a half-case and I had thought it wouldn't start showing so
well for at least another three or four years. I suspect mine might
not last that long in my cellar.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"