Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
[email protected] zenbones@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default BBC Good Food cheese spread recipe

Kake L Pugh wrote:
> Many years ago (at least 10) the BBC Good Food magazine [ ... ] published
> an article [ and ] ncluded a recipe for "cheese spread" [ ... ]
> Does anyone remember this article and can give me any more details of
> the recipe?

Unfortunately, I didn't see the article so I can't provide the recipe
you're seeking. Nevertheless, since this is a recipe group I'll offer
this version of a cheese spread that I've used with great success. You
could simply substitute cheddar cheese and eliminate the garlic
consistent with your taste.
HTH.
gil
Cheese garlicy spread

2 cups vegan mayo (or regular mayonnaise)
20 ounces vegan rella (or use grated Romano)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp red hot pepper sauce of your choice

Mix all ingredients,in a large bowl. Spread on bread and toast.