Posted to alt.food.recipes,rec.food.baking

Default Easy home-made pizza (with picture). Eat your heart out.

John wrote:

> My pizza costs me about $2 to $3 and we greatly prefer it to the local
> salty greasy "pizza". If we were in NYC, then that would be another matter.

John,

I'm a Jersey Girl living in way-the-heck-south Texas, about 15 miles
from the Gulf of Mexico and 6 miles from the Rio Grande, the border with
the country of Mexico. Finding decent pizza here is impossible.

Prior to settling here, we lived and traveled in our RVs for 9 years. We
never found pizza comparable to the Northeast.

I make my own pizza, too. My recipe is pretty much the same as yours. I
use the Cuisineart to mix the dough, too. It is definitely worth the
wait for the dough to rise. Those who don't know *real* pizza aren't
missing anything and will eat "corporate" pizza and think it's just
fine. I make my sauce from tomato puree. The only prepared pizza sauce
that is a little palatable is Ragu Pizza Quick.

I also use Sargento's cheeses because there isn't much choice here in
Mexico Texas. I freshly grate Parmasano Reggiano and Locatelli Romano on
top of the mozzarella. Local groceries do carry the good imported
cheeses as does Sam's Club.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation