Frogleg

Default Brunch

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:59:05 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>Dog3 wrote:

>> My question is; what is your favorite brunch food? How much does a decent
>> brunch cost in your area? I'm eating healthy so the food is a
>> consideration for me. I like to eat items I would not ordinarily make at
>> home. I was amazed at the people that were loading plates up with
>> scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes. I can make all of these at
>> home.

>I think the diffeence is whether you think of brunch as
>breakfast rather than lunch. I love breakfast foods
>and a buffet is a great place to enjoy lots of them.
>It feels strange to me to see people eating roast beef
>and other heavy foods at 10 or 11AM.

Many of the posts in this thread have been of what I would consider a
regular buffet or meal, with the addition of eggs and sausage. :-)

Doesn't whatsis Bourdain say that Brunch is the way the kitchen gets
rid of leftovers?

For domestic entertaining, I look for a nice, eggy baked dish of some
sort, juice/fruit, bacon/sausage, and a couple kinds of bread.
Champagne is nice, as are Mimosas, Bloody Marys and Screwdrivers.