Frogleg

Default Condiments - Vinegar

On 9 Oct 2003 13:15:24 -0700, (xyz) wrote:

>Are there any condiments that aren't made with vinegar? It seems like
>everything I look at contains vinegar - ketchup, mayonnaise, salad
>dressing. I prefer not to be pickled - at least while I'm still
>alive.

A "condiment" is a spicy or savory compliment to foods. You can make
salad dressing and mayonnaise with lemon juice instead of vinegar, if
that pleases you. But most relishes, chutneys, and savory sauces
contain vinegar. For a reason, one assumes. I don't think there's any
chance of becoming "pickled" by a pickle (or smoked from eating lox,
or fried by a visit to KFC). Acidic ingredients (vinegar, wine,
citrus) are rather too common to avoid.