Posted to alt.food.sushi
[email protected] wwerewolff@yahoo.com is offline

Default GOOD Buffet Sushi?

Oscar Garcia wrote:
> Todai here in Houston is fabulous. Although I do try to get there when it
> first opens for the day. It opens @ 11:30am and I've made the mistake of
> going @ 3pm for a late lunch. By that time it is slim pickens and not the
> fresh anymore. -Oscar

I'm a Todai fan too, and I've heard that the Houston place is one of
their best. I haven't been to that one yet though. I was just in
California again and I was at my favorite Todai, in Westminster in
Orange County. A couple of days later I stopped by one of the Todai
offshoots, a big Onami in San Diego. I didn't like the Onami at all. -
in fact my stomach hasn't felt that great since I was there. There are
also Todai offshoots scattered around California calling themselves
Todai-somethingorother, and it's not particularly easy telling them
from the real thing. I find all the Todai offshoots much inferior.
- ww