Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nexis Nexis is offline

Default Roast Chicken - does free range taste any better

"Gareth" > wrote in message
> Does a free range corn fed chicken actually taste any better than a cheap chicken
> when roasted, or is it purely a matter of animal welfare?
>
> From my limited experience, I can't really tell the difference, but I would be
> interested in what other people think.
>
> Gareth

This is actually a difficult question to answer in that all free range chickens are
not alike. Alot of brands claim to have free range chickens because they give the
birds a few extra feet to move around. But, if you can find *real* free range organic
fed chickens, there is a very notable difference in taste. If you can find someone
who raises chickens, even better.

Chickens that are raised properly and not mass produced have a deeper, richer flavor,
and everything you make with them tastes better for it.

kimberly