Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking
Bob (this one) Bob (this one) is offline

Default My first no knead bread attempt

Pandora wrote:
> "Ravenlynne" > ha scritto
>> I put the pot in the oven when I turned it on...lid and all. I let it
>> heat for the entire 30 minutes. The guy in the video said the pot should
>> be "blazing" hot.

> Thanks very much. I want to do it. I don't have such a round pot, but I have
> a long pot with lid made of ceramic. I use it sometimes to make chicken.
> It is like the one you can see in this link. Do you think it could work?
> http://images.google.it/images?hl=it...rca +immagini
> cheers and thank you again

This will work. I have a ceramic terra cotta Romertopf pot
but have not used it for this bread. For this recipe, the
pot needs to be very hot before the bread goes inside. I
would be concerned that the pot wouldn't do very well with
cold dough dropped into it. I would be afraid it might
crack. Maybe if you wet it...

Pastorio