Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: In which I don't pay attention ('01 Potel Chambolle)

So capon was on the menu for last night, and when Betsy mentioed a
mushroom stuffing, I thought "that'll be nice with a little Burgundy."
Then she changed her mind, went with a rice stuffing. She told me re
the change, I actually held the bird while she stuffed, yet when dinner
time came I went downstairs and grabbed a 375 of Burgundy. Just after
opening we sat down, I looked at the stuffing with the dried fruit, the
.. cinnamon/nutmeg/allspice dusted capon, and realized my error. Too
late, so we went with the 2001 Nicolas Potel Chambolle-Musigny.

I served a little too cool, but a nice little Pinot. Ripe black cherry
fruit, moderate acidity, some cinnamon notes that actually do well with
the bird. Fairly "modern" with upfront fruit, but not oaky. A little
woodsmoke and earth. B

While it was ok with the food, it really didn't do well with the
stuffing (apple, dried apricot, raisins, etc). If she does this recipe
again I'm thinking a Spätlese.