Posted to rec.food.cooking
yetanotherBob yetanotherBob is offline

Default Reheating a whole turkey breast

In article >, Mitch@...
says...
> Someone gave me a whole baked turkey breast. What's the best way to
> reheat it? Should I slice it up first?

Does the package have any instructions? If so, they may provide a
guide. If not, I would slice it and layer the slices out so they
overlap a bit, in an oven-proof dish or pan of your choice. Don't stack
the slices on top of one another or they won't all heat through evenly.
If the pan has a lid, use that, or use foil to cover the pan. Reheat in
the oven at 300 deg. (or up to 350, depending on how much of a hurry
you're in). Timing depends on oven temp and how much you're trying to
reheat at a time.

The turkey should be HOT to the touch and steaming a bit when it's
thoroughly reheated. (I think 160 deg. is considered a safe temp.)

If the meat seems dry when you're slicing it, you can sprinkle a little
water over it once you get it into the pan to help moisturize it a bit.

I wouldn't recommend microwaving the slices unless you're in a *real*
hurry.

Bob