Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joe Sallustio Joe Sallustio is offline

Default Wonder Wine kit - Anyone try these?

> I used the max sugar in the recipes, so maybe I went down there. But
> this makes really good moon-shine. If you cut it 50% with Sauv.Blanc or
> Seltzer water - it's ok. The Loganberry is best with 40% seltzer. The
> cherry is best with 50% Sauv. Blanc, and the Peach, well, it will burn
> the hair in your nose. Blended it's ok, but not sure looking at my Pinot
> Noir or Syrah, or Pinot Grigio - why I'm drinking this "OK" wine.

Dave,
Thanks for the updates. I had some loganberry juice at IKEA and
thought it might make a good wine; never heard of it before that. My
daughters also like sweeter wines so I do the same things for them.

Not sure I'm going to repeat your experiment though because I live up
north where juice is cheap. I'm pretty sure a gollon of Niagara is
around $4.50 at Walkers in NY. Now it's 150 miles away so I have to
have a good reason to do that; like Traminette...

Joe