Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL PeterL is offline

Default December 7, 1941 Remembering Pearl Harbor

Omelet > wrote in newsmp_omelet-
:

> In article >,
> Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
>

>> Donate to the Salvation Army. We're still p*ssed at the Red Cross

(and

> The salvation army are pretty much the only charity that gets

donations
> from me anymore. :-)
>
> Goodwill is too wasteful, Red Cross is over run by bureaucracy and I
> have yet to see _any_ good works from United Way. All UW does in my

area
> is take badly needed money that should be used for _local_ programs.
> They do squat for the poor and homeless in the towns where they

collect
> money. :-(

As an Aussie soldier, we 'grew up' with the Everyman (aka 'Sallyman').

On exercise, or on deployment overseas, the only ******* that ever had
the guts to come up and give us a cold drink in hot parts, and a hot
drink in cold parts..... was the Sallyman.

The only *******s you'll find at the sharp end are us, and the Sallyman.

The *only* 'charity' I donate to is the Salvation Army.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml