Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 05:33:06 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> I often wonder why
>everyone thinks holiday dishes have to be so flamboyant.

Me, I am going rather simple this year. I feel like having something
homey...hence I am fixing braised shortribs...with buttered noodles. I
can do those way ahead of time, and freeze them and then reheat them
the day we eat. They are even better then..

For one of the sides I am fixing these carrots, which would also be
lovely with the prime rib, as well as very easy:

http://recipes.egullet.org/recipes/r879.html

Christine