Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default What to serve with Prime Rib?

Ravenlynne said...

> About the tented with foil thing:
>
> I've always done this. But I was reading "Heat" by Bill Buford and he
> describes Mario Batali telling him that "only an idiot would use foil on
> cooling meat". Does anyone have any idea why this would be bad? Just
> curious.

Ravenlynne,

I think tenting is a 50/50 proposition.

Tented meat will continue to cook rather than cool. Some claim tented meat
may rise an additional 10 degrees in 10 or 15 minutes.

Untented will cook some but cool faster.

It probably matters most how close to doneness (temp) it reads, out of the
oven, whether to tent or not, so it doesnt accidently overcook.

Andy