ChefJeff

Default Zojirushi Induction Rice Cooker fans out there?

maxine in ri > wrote in message >...
> ChefJeff wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After a lifetime of making great rice and having found it easy to
> > make, I stumbled across "The Ultimate Rice Cooker" cookbook. The
> > recipes and meals that can be made in these machines sound so tasty,
> > that I bought the book before the rice cooker! I've just ordered a
> > version of neuro fuzzy logic rice cooker, with the added feature of
> > cooking by induction. I'm curious to know if anyone out there has had
> > success or special recipes using this interesting appliance.
> >
> > Best to you,
> > Jeff

> What sorts of things can you cook in a rice cooker? We picked one
> up the other day, and found that golly-gee, it does cook rice<g>.
> Can it cook other long-cooking foods (whole grains, beans, etc.) or
> is it a timed thing?
>
> maxine in ri

According to the cookbook that I mentioned, you can cook every type of
whole grain, bean, polenta, grits, cereals, etc. in rice cookers. But
what really sounded good to me, were all sorts of one dish meals,
chilis, and soups---not to mention desserts. The list goes on and on.
Sounds a little too good to be true, but I'm giving it a shot anyway.
My cooker is arriving on Friday, and I'm pretty excited to try it (and
my new cookbook) out.
Jeff