Richard Periut

Default Hudson River Fishing

Hi all and greetings,

When I was a teen (about 25 years ago,) I used to fish the Hudson River
on the Hoboken bank.

The fish were mostly eels, and an occasional stripped bass. They tasted
like oil, and so did the crabs. The local bums and my cat used to
cherish them.

Recently, a friend of mine told me that he pulls in 5 and sometimes 10
pound striped bass, which he says taste great. What bothers me the most,
is that he states that the river has been cleaned up, and that the fish
taste great.

I vaguely heard that consumption should be limited to one serving per
week, because of Dioxin levels? Then again, other fresh water fish have
been implicated regardless of location.

Anyone have any knowledge regarding this?

TIA,

Richard

--
"'Who knows for certain? Who shall here declare it?
Whence was it born, whence came creation?

The Rig Veda
Circa 1500 B.C.