Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] janospetrik@hotmail.com is offline

Default wooden cutting board - the taste

Hilbert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We just moved into a new house, and the built in wooden cutting board,
> although new, makes everything that touches it taste like
> onion/garlic/...
>
> Is there any way to take this bad taste out of the wooden block? I'm
> pretty sure there's a trick for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Hilbert

Don't believe any of the old wive's tales about wood cutting boards
being unsanitary. Check out this site :

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Cutti...s/AllAbout.htm

If your questions aren't answered, just keep Googling.

A good wooden cutting board will last a lifetime. My sister has one
that belonged to our grandmother, probably over 70 years old. She
wouldn't part with it for a million dollars.