Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default chickpea curry

Natarajan Krishnaswami > wrote:
> I've always eaten the whole leaves first, so they don't make the
> serving too bitter *grin*. It scares some of my friends for some
> reason. When I make garam masala, I grind them with other spices. I
> think "Old Bay" seasoning in the US includes ground bay leaf.

Garam masala! I totally forgot about that. I always put bay leaf in
mine too, and yes, grind it and eat it. I think it must have been the
different context that made me forget!

But I do think you're crazy for eating them whole Mind you, I have
a rather wimpy palate that complains when I eat overly-crusty bread, so
I do have a prejudice against anything remotely "sharp".

Kake