Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Crazy dinner Party?

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
>
> The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
> for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
> condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
> got a
> plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
> end
> up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
>
> Does this party sound familiar to any one?
>
> If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
>
> It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Oh, I remember that it seemed 'important' to have the table beautifully
set with -- maybe the printed menu and a nice napkin * centerpiece,
something lovely to distract from the fact that there wasn't any
flatware on the table.

-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
to scroll down to find it.

http://jamlady.eboard.com