Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Crazy dinner Party?

In article > ,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Many years ago we were invited to a really crazy dinner party.
>
> The basic idea is you picked several unrecognizable items from a printed menu
> for each course. The items on the menus were both food and utensils and
> condiments. Once ordered you got to keep the item. If you were lucky you
> got a
> plate early on or you ate off butcher paper placed on the table. You could
> end
> up with peas and a knife or Mashed potatoes and salad dressing.
>
> Does this party sound familiar to any one?
>
> If so what was the name and specific rules for this kind of dinner party?
>
> It was hysterical and a lot of fun.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dimitri

Absolutely!!
Rules? You don' need no steekin' rules! Make your own.
Serially, what I remember was that the menu items were deceptively
written: A pitcher of hay ‹ is it milk or is it your dinner fork? Get
it?

What you need is kitchen help because you could be dishing the salad,
dessert, and entree on the same plate. And different combinations for
different people.

Can I come!? I'll help in the kitchen if you'll make me a coupla
Manhattans!

Let's think up names, D.!
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."

http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog -
12/3, Christmas Cookies!; Barcelona 12-2 (you might have
to scroll down to find it.

http://jamlady.eboard.com