Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Favorite bleu cheese?

"Lobster Man" > wrote in message
>I go through phases where I absolutely crave various foods. My current
>craving is bleu cheese. I've got like five or six different varieties in
>the fridge right now.
>
> I'm just curious what everyone's favorites are?
>
> So far, I think I like the Danish and US Amish bleus over the British
> Stilton or French cheeses.

I have these same cravings. My bleu cheese one just kicked in again.

I prefer the Danish varieties I have tried. My favorite lately is just
a crisp salad with crumbled bleu cheese and a light vinaigrette. I
find I need very little dressing when I use bleu cheese. I love
mushrooms with this salad, and a few chopped black olives and
sweet onion bits.