Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default Beetroot ideas wanted!

rebecca > wrote:
> I've roasted them, and it works well. You have to separate them from
> your other veg, though, as they stain everything pink

I tried this last night and it did indeed work well, thank you! I
just cubed them and tossed them with olive oil and fresh-ground black
pepper, then spread them on a tray and roasted them at 220C (425F) for
about half an hour. They lost quite a bit of moisture, and so ended
up rather smaller than I'd been expecting, but I really should have
worked out that this would happen! I'll definitely do this again,
cutting them a bit bigger next time.

(I also did mashed celeriac as part of the same meal, another first
for me. Peeled it, cubed it, boiled it, drained it, mashed it roughly
with black pepper and a drizzle of double cream. Very simple, very good.)

Kake