Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
Kake L Pugh Kake L Pugh is offline

Default Vegan chocolate mousse with brandy

Natarajan Krishnaswami > wrote:
> This reminded me of Alton Brown's Moo-less Chocolate Pie, which is
> outstanding. It's a chocolate pie, the filling of which is made
> mousse-like using soft/silken tofu.

Ah-ha, yes; I'd been wondering how to make mine a bit more mousse-like. It
was very good as it was, but something a bit lighter would be good too. I
was thinking of experimenting with agar. I did think of putting tofu in,
but it doesn't really appeal for some reason.

> I sometimes add a little cinnamon and ground chili. Also, I prefer graham
> cracker crusts to chocolate.

Ooh, yes, chilli is great in chocolate things.

Kake