Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Joe Sallustio Joe Sallustio is offline

Default Acid and sugar levels

A simple syrup is actually prefered but isn't necessary. Table sugar
has to break down into more simple surar to be fermented but wine is
acidic and does that naturally. Either way is going to be fine.

Malted barley is used for beer; boiled barley, sounds a little nasty as
a wine but I could be wrong. When you make beer you get the grains out
before you boil the 'wort' which is the fermentable liquid.

> Sounds logical that I should handle the acidity first since the dilution will
> change the specific gravity. At least I'm intuiting that the specific
> gravity will change.

You have it right.

There is no limit to questions with this group; most of us were new at
this at some point and were helped by others.

Joe