Posted to alt.food.wine
Professor Professor is offline

Default Best Pinot Noir within $40?

"DaleW" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Look forward to report. Interesting re pricing. Other than Table & Vine
> (great store which won't ship to NY), I've generally found MA prices
> high. I was on Martys-Allston list for a while when Josh Wertlieb was
> there, never found one thing I thought was a good price!
> Any stores I should check if I'm in area?

I knew Josh. In the Boston area I have my list of usual suspects. Mall
Discount in Cambridge buys ends of shipments so they frequently have great
prices. Brookline Liquor Mart keeps a large selection of better wines.
Martignetti's and Marty's tend to keep a good selection as well. The Wine
Cask in Somerville specializes in Italian, Spanish and Portugese wines.
Back Bay Wine and Spirits in Boston sells many high end wines. Gordon's
in Waltham keeps a big selection of Piedmonts as the Piedmontese Restaurant
Il Capreccio is next door.

I actually buy the vast majority of my wines via the internet.