Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Icing query

Oh pshaw, on Thu 30 Nov 2006 05:32:55a, Bertie Doe meant to say...

> "Wayne Boatwright" <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> 28.19...
>>
>> Fruitcakes or Chrimas cakes in the UK are often wrapped in marzipan and
>> then frosted. It's rarely done in the US.
>>
>> Oh pshaw, on Wed 29 Nov 2006 04:06:17p, Mary meant to say...
>>
>>> WHY are you even considering frosting a fruit cake ?????

> Thanks Wayne, I didn't realise it was a uk thing. Can I assume that
> wedding cakes in the US are sponge with frosting? I guess this rules out
> 3 tier w/cakes? as I assume sponge wouldn't take the weight.
> Newsgroup Uk.food+drink seems to be pitched more toward restaurant food,
> but I think I'll repost it there. Thanks anyway.

You're welcome... Most US wedding cakes I've seen are some form of butter
cake, and it seems that people are ordering many variations in
flavors/types. Most are tiered cakes.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Procrastination Day Has Been Postponed!